power out!!!!

reefage518

Market
Reaction score
my power has been cut off for a couple hours. how long will my fish and other creatures live? im about to go pick up a small generator from my friend for my filter and heater. do you guys think my tank will be ok?

Pick up a few of the battery operated air pumps from Walmart(Against my better judgement but it's the only place I know to get them), in the fishing section. They will work well in keeping the water oxygenated and you can wrap blankets around the tank to keep it insulated.

I think using the generator to provide power for a powerhead and/or and air stone would be more wise. How many fish are in your aquapod?

it would help if you get a battery powered air pump to keep the surface aggitated, so that you are oxygenating the water. This is extremly important, as all the oxygen will quickly dissipate without movement in the water column.

flyingarmy;162988 wrote: Pick up a few of the battery operated air pumps from Walmart(Against my better judgement but it's the only place I know to get them), in the fishing section. They will work well in keeping the water oxygenated and you can wrap blankets around the tank to keep it insulated.
You can get them at Bass Pro also.

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BR1500LCD&total_watts=200">http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BR1500LCD&total_watts=200</a>

Dont be fooled by the back up time either. My power went out for over 3 hours and it didnt skip a beat. and I had t-5's and power heads and my return running on it. For future reference this will get you out of a jam.

You prolly have a generator up by now... but for FutureReference I recommend getting a long extension cord and a good car power adapter. It turns your car into an instant generator that can power the crucial stuff.

i have it on a generator, but i think it will go out by 10. do you think it will make it through the night?

FutureInterest;163061 wrote: You prolly have a generator up by now... but for FutureReference I recommend getting a long extension cord and a good car power adapter. It turns your car into an instant generator that can power the crucial stuff.

The problem with using those is that the cheap ones don't produce a true sine wave and can damage sensitive electrical equipment. They'll kill a lap top battery pretty quickly. I wouldn't run an controller on one, but they can work in a pinch.

a>

Hey is this a power bill thing cause if your in a bind I can help ya get it switched back on. If not whats up with the outage? What is the power company sayin?

Back