Power outage alert device for smartphone?

carey1465

Market
Reaction score
I have alarms at the house to wake me up in case of a power outage during the night. I don't have any controllers to monitor the tank while I'm away. I saw a few devices online that'll notify you but I wanted to ask the reefing community first before I purchase one. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Apex unit alerts me via the Apex Fusion app on my phone when there is a power disconnect to the Apex unit at home.

89c254171b337f0dafdc919cbf54e42d.jpg
alt="" />

To be fair it cant alert you when the power goes out, only when it comes back on.

I got around that by putting the Apex, router and cable modem on a battery backup. That way if any of the power strips loose power it can still alert me as there is still an internet connection with power.

EnderG60;1111996 wrote: To be fair it cant alert you when the power goes out, only when it comes back on.

I got around that by putting the Apex, router and cable modem on a battery backup. That way if any of the power strips loose power it can still alert me as there is still an internet connection with power.

[ame=https://youtu.be/nbEks7DhXqY]It can alert you to power outages and internet connectivity losses now, using the Heartbeat function.[/ame]

That video came out 3 months after I ran all the wires..... Go figure.

EnderG60;1112024 wrote: That video came out 3 months after I ran all the wires..... Go figure.

If we all sat around and waited for the next big thing, we wouldn't accomplish anything.

After watching the video fully, Its nice but I like my setup better.

Heartbeat doesnt give you a reason, it just tells you the APEX can not be connected to and it takes 30 min to tell you.

My way gives you instant notifications if the power to any single or all strips are out and still gives you access to monitor temps and stats while the power is down for up to 4 hours.

Its a decent Idea, but isnt what I would consider to be a good solution.

Thanks for all the replies. Maybe I'll start shipping for an apex. After all, we have a lot money invested in our systems. Do you have to pay monthly for the service?

carey1465;1112057 wrote: Thanks for all the replies. Maybe I'll start shipping for an apex. After all, we have a lot money invested in our systems. Do you have to pay monthly for the service?

Fusion is a free service that allows you access your apex from outside your home network. I highly recommend it for piece of mind.

Back