powerhead for a 1000+gallon tank

grouper therapy

Supporting
Reaction score
Trying to find a pic or link to the diy powerhead that the gentleman from Atlantis marine world showed us at his speech a few months back. I remember some things about it but would like a pic. I want to do a single unit for my next tank. Here is a sketch of it.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
537802=25368-tha tank.jpg
>
537802=25368-tha tank.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tha tank.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

No this was one with the motor mounted above the aquarium with a shaft mounted down a pvc pipe and a prop on the end. Then the pipe had a 90 elbow on it.

That was a commercial motor, a stainless shaft and a pvc pipe, you can diy that yourself, c'mon... LOL

LilRobb;537828 wrote: That was a commercial motor, a stainless shaft and a pvc pipe, you can diy that yourself, c'mon... LOL

Yea I am trying to figure out how the shaft was mounted and what type of centering guide was used bearing, sleeve etc?

Also don't forget that there was plastic piece on the rod btw the motor and the prop to prevent voltage transfer into the tank.

Mockery;537842 wrote: Also don't forget that there was plastic piece on the rod btw the motor and the prop to prevent voltage transfer into the tank.
Good memory Colin!!!:thumbs: I had forgotten that.

Back