Powerheads/wave makers

here is my personal experience and preference from top to bottom and reason
  1. MP40s - easy to clean, least maintenance required. The most aesthetically pleasing. Expensive.
  2. Nero 5’s - easy setup and bluetooth control. Fairly low maintenance. Low profile. A little pricey.
  3. Jebao - Great value. Easy setup. Best bang for the buck. Bulky.
  4. Maxspect - I had the xf250 in the past, great wide flow. Very high maintenance. Loses power quickly if not cleaned often. Pain in the butt to clean due to so many parts.

here is my personal experience and preference from top to bottom and reason
  1. MP40s - easy to clean, least maintenance required. The most aesthetically pleasing. Expensive.
  2. Nero 5’s - easy setup and bluetooth control. Fairly low maintenance. Low profile. A little pricey.
  3. Jebao - Great value. Easy setup. Best bang for the buck. Bulky.
  4. Maxspect - I had the xf250 in the past, great wide flow. Very high maintenance. Loses power quickly if not cleaned often. Pain in the butt to clean due to so many parts.
Any of our sponsors have the jebaos?

I second Nero.
I have AI lights too, so I can control everything in one app. It is only Bluetooth, so you have to be close to the tank which is a pain. They are very easy to clean as well. I’m really interested in a gyre, but haven’t pulled the trigger because of the same reasons above.

I went with two jebao scp-90s(gyres) in my 72 bowfront. They seem to be more than sufficient running at 75%.

I run a 2 2k gyres, 1k gyre and a mp10 on my 66g. I keep them all about 30-50% but have them aiming all over the tank.

I don't think I've ever seen some at Rits but he has increased his inventory so it is worth checking out.

Back