Predator vs Reef

petrasb

Market
Reaction score
I have been saving to upgrade from my 175 bowfront to a 500+gal display. I am sure I am not the only one who wishes they could have triggers, eels, and angels in their reef. Yes, there are a few exceptions with these fish, but not many.
My question is: what corals can make it in a predator tank? Mushrooms, leathers, some sps, maybe clams?
I would love to have a Crosshatch trigger, banana eel, some rays, and some of the large angels.
Or am I just wanting the best of both worlds, and it is just not possible?
I wish my living room was big enough for both, a predator tank and a reef tank. I could build one in the basement, but it is nice having a tank in the room that the family spends most of the time in.
Below is some pics of what is in my current tank. What would survive, and what would I have to sell?
showthread.php

Local store here has a tank with an eel, triggers, and a puffer, and he has rocks covered in mushrooms and says the fish don't touch them.

I have both eels and large angels in my reef now. The primary thing to ensure is that you feed heavily. There are certyain types of corals that will be eaten quickly by angels, and certain types of inhabitanat that can be eaten by eels, so some planning will be required.

And clams will probably be a no as well since they are so tasty!

Derek_S;260803 wrote: And clams will probably be a no as well since they are so tasty!
<span style="font-family: Calibri"><span style="font-size: 13px">Especially with butter… yum:cheers:</span></span>

Back