Premade rock scapes

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
Is there anyone that hates aquascaping? If there were prebuilt rockscapes, would you buy them? Thanks for your opinions.

Depends on the cost, materials used, etc.

I hate aquascaping but wouldnt want to use plastic.

Marco sells them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the idea of someone else aquascaping. Pre-made would take out the hassle of getting pieces to stick right too and cementing and everything. Would they be live rock? That would be the challenge. If they're not, that would be a tough sell. Maybe the caribe sea life rock since it can be dry but still has the good stuff of live rock?

Some people have a true talent for aquascaping and I knew a youtuber that was a great aquascaper and many people inquired about him doing pre scaped rocks

mag327;1048970 wrote: I love the idea of someone else aquascaping. Pre-made would take out the hassle of getting pieces to stick right too and cementing and everything. Would they be live rock? That would be the challenge. If they're not, that would be a tough sell. Maybe the caribe sea life rock since it can be dry but still has the good stuff of live rock?

I'd say live rock would be a negative in this case. We are at a point where most new tank set ups are using dry rock. If it is coming from another individual I'd have a tough time putting their live rock in my system for fear of pests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnowManSnow;1048999 wrote: I'd say live rock would be a negative in this case. We are at a point where most new tank set ups are using dry rock. If it is coming from another individual I'd have a tough time putting their live rock in my system for fear of pests.

What if it was built using dry rock, then seeded in a tank only for the dry rock.

i posted a similar thread a few years ago.. shipping the rock to work with ate up the profit... if it was local then tax did something similar (normally it is a LOT more expensive locally than online anyway)

There's VidaRock/Cerameco which is an artificial base rock sold in pre-sculpted forms. Not live or wet so shipping on it's not crazy... but it is a good bit more per piece than is being tossed around on this thread.

I pretty much ruled it out given that marcorock can be had locally, but maybe for a nano tank or such it'd be a good option. Especially one of those long/shallow DeepBlue & Mr Aqua tanks that have been popping up at a few stores.

LSU_fishFan;1048950 wrote: Is there anyone that hates aquascaping? If there were prebuilt rockscapes, would you buy them? Thanks for your opinions.

I have vida-rock pieces for my aquascape. So my answer is yes!

LSU_fishFan;1049129 wrote: Do you like the vida rock or dislike it?

Sorry for the delayed response.

I love it. I'd do it again in a heart beat and will plan on it come upgrade time. Stuff has been very durable and no issues either. It's expensive but worth it IMO.

Back