Prestone Driveway Heat

olds350racer

Market
Reaction score
I have been using Epson salt (magnesium sulfate) as a magnesium additive. In an effort to get away from the sulfate, I would like to use magnesium choride. I have read of many people using Prestone Driveway Heat, but with the recent impurities found in MagFlake... it makes me nervous to use any non-lab grade magnesium chloride. Has anyone heard one way or another regarding the purity of Prestone Driveway Heat?

none that I know of. I have a case of it and will probably continue to use it.

FYI: Driveway heat is on sale at Rite-aid for like $5 a container. I do not know if that price is good or not (I do not use it) but I figured I would let people know since I saw it.

olds350racer;128891 wrote: I have been using Epson salt (magnesium sulfate) as a magnesium additive. In an effort to get away from the sulfate, I would like to use magnesium choride. I have read of many people using Prestone Driveway Heat, but with the recent impurities found in MagFlake... it makes me nervous to use any non-lab grade magnesium chloride. Has anyone heard one way or another regarding the purity of Prestone Driveway Heat?
OK I just realized I need to correct myself. Prestone Driveway Heat is Calcium Cloride (not Magnesium Chloride). I'm sure most caught that, but I don't want someone to get bad info from a thread I started.

Back