Pro-led retro for coralife Biocube 29g

snarky shark

Supporting
Reaction score
I have had these lights running for approximately 8 months and do well. They are dimmable and I have been trying to optimize the light levels for the coral. They seem to be doing well but some seem to be a little stressed. I know this is a fairly vague post without the types of corals and locations in the tank.

I just wanted to get thoughts to see if it best to invest in a par meter or monitor like seneye with a par meter. Any suggestions? I hope I have properly posted as this is my first post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I decided to order Seneye Reef system for testing capability and par meter. I know I could head saved four apex but would be triple the cost when said and done. Maybe when I upgrade. I'll keep you posted once it's set up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

So now after posting this, gaff the blue led strip go out on me. Trying to figure out but maybe is time to invest in mainstream lighting. Recommendations for 29 g biocube?

In my personal experience with the 29 BC I have started with the stock light, it was ok, nothing else, couldn't actually expect much from PC. Then I jumped on the MH wagon, it's a DE 20K 70watt, with a combination of panoramas with a mixture of colors, my tank it's not that blueish looking and still have good look with some pop from the LED's. Growth has been good I can notice that in some of the corals, some didn't make it, it might be my water quality, but I been able to support the majority of what I've got there in the tank. Was hoping to use a Black Box LED because I had one previously in another former tank and it really did great, it wasn't a full spectrum and didn't have lenses neither, unfortunately for me, the Black Box I was hoping to use it has a new owner haha.

Crazy thing, blue strip is back on. Is heatsink or other part that could have caused that to happen? I tightened all conne ctions, maybe one just worked loose. Still keeping my eye out though.

Snarky Shark;1117481 wrote: Crazy thing, blue strip is back on. Is heatsink or other part that could have caused that to happen? I tightened all conne ctions, maybe one just worked loose. Still keeping my eye out though.

Heatsink unlikely... its probably just a led near the end of life or a poor solder joint

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back