Prob doing too much

verbal kint

Reaction score
Ok...First of all I already own a mixed reef 180 gallon spectacular tank (i think). not like the ones I see in tanks of the month but I'm pround of it to only be back in the hobby since December. But now the hobby is starting to take over my life!!! I look on every reef website looking for steals and deals all the time.

I am about to buy a 2015 Custom 125-Gallon Artisan II Aquarium by Cadlights.com.

http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=61_62&products_id=314">http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=61_62&products_id=314</a>

My new tank will only be SPS,clams,Chalices,and maybe high end mushrooms(bubble or whatever).
The fish I want in this tank all exceed normal standard fish selections. Looking for Zebra Tang
(Acanthurus polyzona)Gem Tang (Zebrasoma Gemmatum)Watanabei Angelfish(Genicanthus watanabei),Kwazulu Fairy wrasses, pair of Gold Nugget Maroons,2 pair of Lightning Maroon clowns, Lineatus fairy wrasses,and a Pintail fairy wrasse.
As far as SPS a couple of different high ends from Cornbreads,Jason Fox,Top Shelf Aquatics, and a couple of others that I run into.

For those that don't know I have and over stocked 180 right now. But this new tang is going to be a Gem!!!

Lighting: 2 AP700 LED Lighting Panel - Kessil. Just waiting (thanks Shac)

Gonna change the return pump to Vectra M1 DC - Ecotech Marine

Gonna run 2 VorTech MP40wQD QuietDrive Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine on both sides of the tank as well as 2 on back to front MaxSpect Gyre XF130. (might be over kill) but I want great water movement.

*On the 180 i had 2 MaxSpect Gyre XF150's and they both went bad so I might go with something else on the back to front water movement hadn't decided. Just ordered the WAV Starter Kit WSK - Neptune Systems to replace*

Calcium reactor for the calcium needs. Emperor Aquatics Smart UV LITE 40 Watt. Nitrate Reactor. PhosBan Reactor 150.

As soon as things arrive I will keep people informed. If any of you have come across any bad reviews with any of the equipment help would be warranted. Thanks

Sounds like you are on a roll!

Wouldn't expect any issues with Echotech products and if so CS is excellent and will quickly correct!

GL with set-up.
Picture?

Back