Probably a stupid question

rostato

Market
Reaction score
But I am gonna sk it anyway.

My 90G is oficially empty except for a few empy shells, and sand.

My dumb question is...if I turn off all the pumps and keep water in it, do you think it will stink?

I need some muscle to help me move it to the garage for cleaning, but don't have any help. I have had it running like this with lights out, and no heater for about 2 weeks now, but I want to turn off the pumps so I don't have to keep toping it off.

I am trying not to let it get nasty in there because I would like to sell it perfectly clean and ready...

Any thoughts?

Thats what I thought. Glad I didnt pull the plug.

All the algae has been dieing off and clogging up filter socks like crazy. After selling 90% of my rock in one shot with 5 fish still in there, I had quit the algae bloom, but its all gone now...

The tank will probably not even need to be cleaned after lettting it run like this so maybe it's worth it.

I'm with Ares... let it run, lest it become stagnant and stinky. You'll be happy that you did when the time comes to pull the rest of it down.

Jenn

Yup, so I just have a noise maker in my dining room untill I can get some muscle to help me move itto the garage!

Can't you empty it with a long hose and strong pump out a window or door? Even a rigged garden hose might work.

Yeah, but then I have old sand sittign there, and it will stink. I am trying to figure out what to do with the sand, and even after emptying it I think it will have a little smell to it, and thats not going to be fun with it being right near the kitchen...

Man you guys and gals are gonna make me work! I guess I'll do that when I get the time.

Pump/siphon the water to a toilet, scoop out as much sand as you can, shop-vac the rest. Rinse with a little fresh water, shop-vac again, and dry. Ready to move.

Back