Problem with my Clarkii Clown

daniellin

Supporting
Reaction score
I have this fantastic pair for about a year and they are doing great, but my gigantic female (4") lost her appetite suddenly a couple days ago and has only been snuggling in the RBTA all the time. She did show a little interest in the Mysis shrimp passed by, but never actually ate it. One thing I want to mention is that the day before she had this problem, I shot plenty of pictures with the flash. Can this factor contribute to her illness? My other fish, Yellow Tang, Blue Tang and Wrasse are all OK.
Any input will be appreciated.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Beautiful fish and anemone. I don't have an answer for you, but hope you can find a solution. Best of luck.

daniellin;1107255 wrote: I have this fantastic pair for about a year and they are doing great, but my gigantic female (4") lost her appetite suddenly a couple days ago and has only been snuggling in the RBTA all the time. She did show a little interest in the Mysis shrimp passed by, but never actually ate it. One thing I want to mention is that the day before she had this problem, I shot plenty of pictures with the flash. Can this factor contribute to her illness? My other fish, Yellow Tang, Blue Tang and Wrasse are all OK.
Any input will be appreciated.

I would PM JennM or maybe she will reply here. I trust any advice from JennM. She is pretty good, actually darn great; when it comes to advice on Sick/Stressed fish. Hope all turns around to the better for you.

Wannabee

P.S. Those are some beautiful shots of your tankmates.

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1107277 wrote: I would PM JennM or maybe she will reply here. I trust any advice from JennM. She is pretty good, actually darn great; when it comes to advice on Sick/Stressed fish. Hope all turns around to the better for you.

Wannabee

P.S. Those are some beautiful shots of your tankmates.

Great, Thanks a lot.

I heard my name.... (didn't get a PM...)

How's the fish doing now? It's doubtful that a bit of photography made her ill... the pair sure look nice in the photos.

I don't think it's unusual for a fish to be a bit 'off' for a day but if it persists or if there are visible symptoms then there might be an issue to attend to.

How is she now?

Jenn

JennM;1107608 wrote: I heard my name.... (didn't get a PM...)

How's the fish doing now? It's doubtful that a bit of photography made her ill... the pair sure look nice in the photos.

I don't think it's unusual for a fish to be a bit 'off' for a day but if it persists or if there are visible symptoms then there might be an issue to attend to.

How is she now?

Jenn

Thanks Jenn. Her situation is improving however things are becoming more confusing to me. She has not been eating for at least 7 days and finally started to eat Nutmatra Ova and only the small particle of Mysis. She neglects the larger pieces.. Before, those were her favorite food, eating a TON everyday. She looks like her vision is somewhat impaired.... It's like she can't seem to bite down right on the target. Nothing looks physically injured or diseased, perfectly normal except for the fins, which are shrunk into her body and I know she is not happy. She hasn't left the anemone in a while either. Can she be pregnant? :tongue: or If the flash blinded her, i'll feel so bad.:(<p style="text-align:center"><span style="color: #FFFFFF">Save</span>

I've never heard of a flash blinding a clownfish (or any other fish for that matter).

How old is she?

Jenn

JennM;1107770 wrote: I've never heard of a flash blinding a clownfish (or any other fish for that matter).

How old is she?

Jenn

I had her only about one year ago and size from 3.5" to 4" now.

Back