problems

misu

Market
Reaction score
Just picked up this new 135 system and I found a couple of issues. Looks like the stand got wet on the right side and the wood is all swollen and bent I'm wondering if I can repair it or if it's safe to use it like that?

Also the pump has no blades on the impeller, it's an Iwaki WMD 40RLXT worth fixing or not?

now back to cleaning the rest of the stuff :)
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
525679=24827-pump.jpg
>
525679=24827-pump.jpg
class="gc-images" title="pump.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
525679=24825-stand1.jpg
>
525679=24825-stand1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="stand1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
525679=24826-stand2.jpg
>
525679=24826-stand2.jpg
class="gc-images" title="stand2.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Not sure if either of those would be worth repairing. Even if you did save some money, you'd probably end up needing to replace sooner than if you bought something in better condition.

thanks, I had a feeling that will be the answer to both. I had a bookshelf type stand in mind anyway but this will push my build back a while.

Back to the drawing board.

Maybe that stand FS/FT might solve the problem... hope so.

I've seen this happen with stands that have tanks on them, and they are usually OK (at least until a change is made) but starting from scratch I don't think I'd take the chance.

Jenn

As for the stand....it might not be a bad/difficult fix. I've fixed similar stands before. Generally with plywood depending on the size of the stand. There are other options out there. If the rest of the stand is in good condition, then I would investigate the price of the materials.

As for the pump. It looks like it might have some age on it. If that's the case, I'm not sure I would put a new impeller in it because more than likely something else would go. I would offer it up as FS/FT (like Jenn said) as parts for somebody else who has one.

I'll try fixing it first and if it looks like a complicated job I'll probably put it up FS/FT. Maybe if I throw in the lights and other misc parts I can get something for it.

I hope the Iwaki was not sold to you as a working pump? Very deceptive if it was.

It was sort if an as is trade for the entire system but I got plenty of valuable items out of it. Just a bummer that because of this it won't see water for a while.

If you are willing to bring the stand to my home in Dallas Ga. one evening I will assist you in fixing you stand. It will only cost you materials. I hate to see you not get your tank going on account of that. let me know

grouper therapy;525746 wrote: If you are willing to bring the stand to my home in Dallas Ga. one evening I will assist you in fixing you stand. It will only cost you materials. I hate to see you not get your tank going on account of that. let me know

and that's one hella of a deal!

grouper therapy;525746 wrote: If you are willing to bring the stand to my home in Dallas Ga. one evening I will assist you in fixing you stand. It will only cost you materials. I hate to see you not get your tank going on account of that. let me know

I may do that, 30 miles west is not that bad. I'll pm you for more details, thanks

Assault: thanks for the pump offer

Also, Home Depot has this liquid wood impregnation/repair product, but can't remember the name of it. It works wonders around window frames that have dry rot-FWIW.

It is VERY flammale as I remember, also.

Back