Proper names for these?

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
The newborn has necessitated a reduction in coral. What are the proper names for the two in the photo, I really don't want to run an ad with wrong names. I remember that one is a Favia, but my wife has always been more into coral than me.

Urgh, mods please close, I can't find the delete and the picture didn't post.

imagejpg1_zpsd9fbc9f4.jpg
>http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/rkidwill/imagejpg1_zpsd9fbc9f4.jpg</a>

This may work.

Is it a lobo (not sure) you planning on selling?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I want to get the names right for the ad. My wife is protesting with silence. It's like I'm dumping the engagement ring at the pawn shop.

rk4435;953743 wrote: Yeah, I want to get the names right for the ad. My wife is protesting with silence. It's like I'm dumping the engagement ring at the pawn shop.

Sorry I literally laughed out loud. I wish my girlfriend was that into it with me! And I like the rainbow yiur like 2 hrs away.

Once I put pencil to paper and showed her how much I have spent since January alone she entered silent mode. The only realistic way to stay in is for her to help pay, that's not happening. I'm an Economics teacher, this quit making sense a few months ago.

When I have Cichlids terrorizing each other again she'll relax.

&#128533; well at least if couple a pieces go she still gets to keep the rest right?

Oh no, it's all going to go. I'm starting with the coral then rock / livestock, then back to FW. It feels like work. I lay awake at night trying to figure out the cyano. I overpost on here trying to solve minor problems before they become major. I have spent far more money than any school teacher should on a hobby. My small kids need more in the college fund.

I'm not lying, it reminds me of sleepless nights in Iraq. Hobbies should be fun, I feel like I'm working at the lfs. I rarely simply sit and enjoy the tank. I'm not well equiped for water mixing etc. I lug sw down stairs after lugging ro/ di upstairs to the guest room for mixing.

Over it.

rk4435;953759 wrote: Oh no, it's all going to go. I'm starting with the coral then rock / livestock, then back to FW. It feels like work. I lay awake at night trying to figure out the cyano. I overpost on here trying to solve minor problems before they become major. I have spent far more money than any school teacher should on a hobby. My small kids need more in the college fund.

I'm not lying, it reminds me of sleepless nights in Iraq. Hobbies should be fun, I feel like I'm working at the lfs. I rarely simply sit and enjoy the tank. I'm not well equiped for water mixing etc. I lug sw down stairs after lugging ro/ di upstairs to the guest room for mixing.

Over it.

Well I'm sorry to hear this.. I agree with you if it's not fun and can't enjoy it shouldn't have it. I'm fairly new so I'm not great with all the names yet but I'll help where I can and who knows I may end up buying stuff off you. Like that lobo (still could be wrong haha) but if not I wish you both the best of luck

They look like Scolymia sp. to me. The one on the left might be Australian, the right might be Indonesian.

The orange stuff is Montipora capricornis.

Jenn

JennM;953788 wrote: They look like Scolymia sp. to me. The one on the left might be Australian, the right might be Indonesian.

The orange stuff is Montipora capricornis.

Jenn

yea the one on the left is definitely a scolymia but the one on the right looks more like a welsophylia to me.

Picoreefguy;953809 wrote: yea the one on the left is definitely a scolymia but the one on the right looks more like a welsophylia to me.

well done young grasshopper...lol

although taxonomicly speaking wellsos dont exist anymore because they are just a different morphotype of trechyphyllia and sometime around 2000 whoever makes decisions on taxonomy kind of merged the two so that now there are only trechys

Back