Protect hardwood floors?

the curious

Market
Reaction score
Hey gang, it has been awhile since I have visited the forums.
I moved about a year ago, and setup my system at work. I am ready to set it up in my new house now, but I have hardwood floors, instead of the tile that I used to have under the tank.

I would like to find a mat, or something along those lines, to put under the tank, mainly to protect from salt creep and small spills.

Any suggestions?

I've seen people take a piece of linoleum that looks like wood floor and put it under their tank. Acts much like a vapor barrier between the tank and the hardwoods. I would also recommend a nice, heavy rug for in front of the tank. This could be easily taken up and thrown in a drier when it gets wet.

Keep in mind that anything you put under the stand that is considered a moisture barrier will in inevitably allow moisture under it and then your problems are compounded. Moisture is then trapped in between. I recommend nothing in between except space, so that it can dry out.

grouper therapy;1059019 wrote: Keep in ming that anything you put under the stand that is considered a moisture barrier will in inevitably allow moisture under it and then your problems are compounded. Moisture is then trapped in between. I recommend nothing in between except space, so that it can dry out.

Might wanna listen to this one. He knows!

the curious;1058981 wrote: That sounds like a great idea.

Thanks

Great idea. I am going to replace my hardwood floor for the whole house soon. Thank you

Back