Protein Skimmer for my 20L w/20L sump

wjyeager

Reaction score
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">I have a 20L Reef tank and a 20L sump/fuge and I’m wondering what kind of protein skimmer would be best. I’ve been looking at Tunze 9002, Remora Pro, Sapphire Aquatics BC29R. Does anyone have any other suggestions? The compartment I’m putting it in is 6.5x12 the height restriction is 21in and the water height is about 11in. can be in sump or hang on doesn’t really matter its just hang on have been the cheapest for what they do. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on the matter.</span></span>

no one wants to help you. b/c you're a loser.

this thread might help you:
showthread.php

I have a 9002 on my sumpless 30.

Love it.

Very quiet skimmer. My Koralia 1 is louder.
Super easy to clean.
Good skimmate. A bit wet, but the collection cup has measure graduations that allow you to easily replace the saltwater. Dump out 200ml of skimmate replace 200ml of saltwater.
Almost no microbubbles, and that's with an in-tank placement and about 600gph flow around it.
Great customer service.

I've never owned one, but researched alot when I considered them; and the Remoras seem to be love or hate. Either you get a good one or you get an expensive piece of junk since they are hand made. Noise seems to be an issue with them. Also great customer service. Resale might be a bit tougher with them, since most of the ones offered for sale seem to be the "faulty" ones.

I've never seen a good review of the Saphires.

I researched the same skimmers as you for my 30 and decided on the Tunze.
No regrets. None.

Back