pseudochromis

couchpotato300

Market
Reaction score
hey the heck can i either catch this guy or kill him in the tank. he is a pest and i want him out now. but i jus cant catch him and a bottle trap isnt work. someone help

Take the live rock out. I had to remove 200lbs of rock from my 75g 4 times to catch a mantis shrimp. If you're that desperate, do it.

Put a small mirror in the trap. I find that bully fish find this impossible top resist. MUCH better than food.

couchpotato300;145893 wrote: hey the heck can i either catch this guy or kill him in the tank. he is a pest and i want him out now. but i jus cant catch him and a bottle trap isnt work. someone help

i understand your frustration. they are a pain they are very mean and chase everything. mine knows when he is in trouble because he goes and hides in a rock that he knows i can't get him out of

fishgardener;146533 wrote: do you mean a bicolor? I thought they were safe/peaceful???

Most Pseudochromids are aggressive. They will all fight with each other. The 3 most common seen are the Bicolor, Purple, and Diadema; They all share a middle tier of dottyback aggression. Your most aggressive ones are the Dampiera Pseudochromis dampiera and Green Wolf Eel(actually a pseudochromid).

DannyBradley;146539 wrote: Most Pseudochromids are aggressive. They will all fight with each other. The 3 most common seen are the Bicolor, Purple, and Diadema; They all share a middle tier of dottyback aggression. Your most aggressive ones are the Dampiera Pseudochromis dampiera and Green Wolf Eel(actually a pseudochromid).
No way. By far the most aggressive are the Australian dottybacks (Ogilbyina sp.). They are ridiculous. They wont let you put your hand in the tank, no less another fish. Ive found the Dampieras and Wolf eels are not so much aggressive, as large and all consuming.
Then again, lets be real, no matter what, everyone should know that any dottyback would be aggressive.

I donated a nice big trap to the club that you should be able to use. Some food in there for a few weeks and you can probably catch him.

Mine was a supposedly peaceful Bicolor. He was cool, I called him Torpedo, But he got aggressive with his only tankmate, a clown. Later I got a Yellow Tang who showed him who's boss. The Tang rules the roost now. My tank is peaceful now. Fish are: Yellow Tang, True Perc, Cherub Angel, Lawnmower Blenny and a Citron Goby. Concentrating on corals now.

couchpotato300;145893 wrote: a bottle trap isnt work.

feed the tank for a week using the trap. once they think that it's a box of food, it should be easier to catch him.

Back