puffer question

ericmcj31

Market
Reaction score
I've got a stars and stripes puffer that I got from Tim a couple months ago--he's great-and fun to watch-but he puffs up for no apparent reason about once a day or at least every two -to three days--is there cause for concern?? It was kinda neat watching at first, just didn't know if it were hurting him or something.

There has to be a reason. It is very stressful, and can be problematic, especially if air gets trapped inside. What is going on around the tank? Tankmates?

my lunare wrasee irritates the hell out of everyone-if I had to point a finger, it would probably go to him-he doesn't really do anything, just swims around picking at things.

My lunare never bothered my dogface.

Everything left it alone probably understanding that he could gnaw a hole in them in about a second.

ericmcj31;162807 wrote: my lunare wrasee irritates the hell out of everyone-if I had to point a finger, it would probably go to him-he doesn't really do anything, just swims around picking at things.
I think yuo will have to make a choice. Puffing is a defense mechanism, so he wouldnt be doing unless he was threatened. If he feels threatened enough to puff frequently, he will be susceptible to disease. All around, not good.

Back