Puffer's teeth

ericmcj31

Market
Reaction score
I got this stars and stripes puffer from Tim about amonth or so ago-other than shelled animals, (snails, etc.) what can I feed him to keep his teeth filed down?? I really don't wanna gethim out and manually file them, but don't really wanna feed him anything alive either. I've been feeding whole (frozen) shrimp with the shell on (i'd heard that was sufficient for their teeth)-is that true?

I've also heard you can feed them cockles, but we've never been able to find them. I'm thinking they're similar to (same as?) clams.

I think they're either the small-neck claims or they're similar to them. Shells are partially open and the puffer has to pry at the shell to get his dinner.

You might try PM'ing
member.php

oh, ok--I guess that would work-I bet my triggers would go nuts trying to tear it apart too-

But I guess my question was whether or not the shell-on shrimp would suffice for his teeth, or should I try something else?

WARNING

This is a dangerous thread...whatever you do DO NOT go to any sites recommended by Chrisjet for cockles!

ericmcj31;142902 wrote: haha lol; that sounds pretty dangerous-

Well, he said I could go to PenIsland.com to buy cockles...
but... ummm... don't

yeah-that's the other kind of cockles there, I think--those my fish can't eat-they can use for a chew toy though--I hear they even have vibrating ones for when your dog is teething- :)

I used to feed my dog face puffer crawfish and every now and then I would give him a pinky mouse . Kinda sick but he was a hog

casper75;142913 wrote: I used to feed my dog face puffer crawfish and every now and then I would give him a pinky mouse . Kinda sick but he was a hog

Umm yeh kinda sick there Brad. I have fed crawfish before but never thought to feed a Pinky to saltwater fish.:wow2:

SanFranBay makes mussel with shell in it for puffers.
http://www.sfbb.com/frozen.asp#">http://www.sfbb.com/frozen.asp#</a>
Click on mussel.

Back