Pump emergency!

nassar0505

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone know if any sponsors carry Reeflo pumps or something similar? Tank is down and need a pump today! Need about 20+ft of head pressure and 1000 to 2500 flow rate.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pure Reef is the closest to you. They open at 11. Call them as soon as they open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I need to update my location. I'm in Rome now, but I'll drive anywhere if I can find one. Thanks I'll give them a shout.

Oh man there's nothing out that way.. You're a long way from everything. Maybe the ones near 75 in the Marietta area are closest? Optimum and Premier.

Have an Iwaki MD 100 you can borrow if you really need something. Supposed to do 1500 gph at 25'.

wildernet;1117210 wrote: Have an Iwaki MD 100 you can borrow if you really need something. Supposed to do 1500 gph at 25'.
I might need to take you up on that if I can't find anything and get one ordered.

I have several Reeflo and other bigger pumps on the shelf in my garage. I'll be home in a few hours and can let you know what I've got.

Scuba Steve;1117214 wrote: I have several Reeflo and other bigger pumps on the shelf in my garage. I'll be home in a few hours and can let you know what I've got.

This is probably you best bet. Steve can hook you up with what you need vs whatever I happen to have.

Thanks guys! Always impressed with this community. I think I've found one,

FYI when you get a new pump, send the old one back to reeflo, they can rebuild them back to new for not much money(or do it yourself if you can change bearings)

I did that with mine and now I have a backup.

I'm late to this game but glad you got sorted.

I wholeheartedly concur about having a backup pump. It's an absolute must with a big system but it's recommended for any system.

I always had a backup at the shop and there were plenty of times when one was needed. And when one pump died, we'd either have it rebuilt or replace it.

The further you are from a LFS, and the more uncommon the pump, the more the necessity. Small pumps are available all over but the big pumps are fewer and farther between.

Jenn

Back