Pump Failure on my 215 show tank+75/55 sump

dons

Market
Reaction score
Well I'm cruising along, dumb and happy( I'll leave the fat part out!) Checked my tanks this morning via my security camera and all looks well! Go downstairs and find out that my Supreme 1600 submersible has frozen up in the middle of the night -- looks like it tripped the ground fault so everything on the circuit went down.
Fortunately, I had a backup, though smaller pump. With a quick run to Home Depot for some plumbing parts to match the back-up I'm up and running in an hour. I ordered a replacement online and then tore the old one apart. Looks like the impeller shaft "got a bump" in it and seized up! Pump is inside the 2 year warranty so we'll see how well Danner Mfg responds. I couldn't wait for them so I went ahead and ordered one online.
Is there a moral to this story, don't know? But it sure is nice to have backups! When all is said and done I'll have a second Supreme 1600 plus ++ . I hope the moral to the story is not to use a Supreme?

I have a mag 12 if you need a loaner, I'm keeping it for the same reason

misu;609114 wrote: I have a mag 12 if you need a loaner, I'm keeping it for the same reason
Right now I've got a mag 8 on it. Since the tank was installed off level by a 1/4 of an inch this pump is only strong enough to push water through one overflow. I've added another circulating pump in the tank. Thanks for the offer I'll keep an eye on things over the next day or so. My replacement pump should ship Monday.

Back