Pump for Tunze 9002 nano skimmer - Where can I get one fast?

alikat

Market
Reaction score
My pump for my Tunze 9002 skimmer is not operating well. It's a Tunze silence 1073.008 pump, and I really need to replace it pronto. Tomorrow would be great, and the closer to Peachtree City the better.

Anyone have recommendations where to get one? Thanks

Honestly, I would not count on being able to get one locally. But I just saw a post from Sponsor SEA saying they had Tunze equipment in stock. Any sponsor can order what you want in. Or if you have to have it fast, then online with overnight delivery is probably going to be your best bet.

SEA Post:
showthread.php

I have a tunze 9002 that is less than a year old, with in tank collection cup that I will sell you. PM me.

You might not need a new pump, I run a couple of these skimmers and font they slow down for one of 2 reasons.
1. the impeller/shaft have a build up (calcium?) that slows down or prevents the impeller from spinning.
2. the air intake gets clogged with a build up (calcium?). there is a small 90 degree clear plastic elbow that connects the flexible air tube to the hard plastic tub where the air mixes with the water - if you unit is not producing much foam then this is the most likely problem.

In either situation I use a soak in vinegar to soften the build up and then brush,scrape it away.

I soaked the impeller in vinegar but not the air intake. Will look at that.

The impeller works for a little while and then just stops. Can't tell if it's getting hung up on something or what.

Take the metal shaft out of the impeller and scrape any build up off. Do the same for the magnet housing. Unless the impeller spins freely on the shaft you will have issues with it running properly. Try that and see if it solved the problem, my experience is that if the short is difficult to remove then it build up on the shaft is the problem.

Back