Pump Rebuild

guerry

Market
Reaction score
Well to make a long story short I recently bought used tank and all it's equipment, so me being me decided that the return pump that I'm using to flow threw chiller needed alittle more flow and I had two Panworld pumps just sitting there. I choose the smaller of the two and installed it, HOW"D THAT GO you ask not to good turned the pump on good flow lots of noise but then it got quiet then it got louder and locked up. Well me being the DIY kind of guy had to see what was up, just wish I'd taken pic before taking apart for every one. This is what a PanWorld 150XP looks like in pieces
IMG_0735.jpg
alt="" />
once I got it apart it was aparent it had seen some salt water in it and the bearings were trashed. I call local bearing dealer and not only did they have them in stock they offered me the same bearings but sealed so up graded. Now that I had the parts to fix it was time to clean all the rust up.
I sealed the the inturnals with duct tape and coverred the decals
IMG_0737.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0738.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0739.jpg
alt="" />
I then bead blasted the parts to ready for paint
IMG_0743.jpg
alt="" />
ok well while the paints drying it's time to remove the old bearings to do this I used bearing vise and press
IMG_0740.jpg
alt="" />
now its time to install the new up graded bearings to do this I used two sockets so that I could install both at same time and not dammage either ends of the shaft
IMG_0742.jpg
alt="" />
now it's time to put it all back together and sorry could take pics. and build at same time so here it is
IMG_0747.jpg
alt="" />
well with all this done it was time to try it out, worked great no noise and super flow and all this for less than $16.00
IMG_0748.jpg
alt="" />

Nice! Looks good as new. Wonder if the "up graded" bearings will upgrade the flow at all?

Back