Pump Reccomendation

schwaggs

Supporting
Reaction score
I'm building a Kalk reactor that needs a powerhead sized pump that will run externally to the reactor. I am a big fan of Maxijet powerheads but don't trust them external. I have a Mag 3 on my CA reactor but that is way too big for this application. Can anyone suggest a small pump that can be used externally and won't leak?

I use maxijets for recirc pumps on denitrators and havent had a problem with them in well over a year.

But most reactors use ehiems. Pricey but i dont know of any pump more reliable for that use.

How big of a kalk reactor? Lots of name brand reactors use the MJ pumps. I have one on mine.

I'm building one out of the TLF Phosban 550 reactor. They cost about $60 and look to hold a couple gallons of water.

What size Maxijet is on your reactor?

I have a 400, but the reactor is appx 3" diameter x 18" tall, kinda small. Pickin up a new one in about a week, though....no pump, all stir bar.

I looked at the 550 reactor I have and it is only 4" X 14", not quite as big as I thought. Will this be big enough to supply up to 3 gallons a day or should I go another route?

Back