Purple tang/Red Sea rumor?

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
A friend of mine went to Marine Fish and saw they were selling a purple tang for 400. When he inquired why, they told him that they were no longer importing them which is why the price went up accordingly.

Is it a Red Sea thing or just a purple tang thing or is my friend, grouper, just misinformed?

I am glad I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful fish...wanted one for years.

they told me the same thing last time i was there ....im sure they arent that restricted aviarium has them all the time for 100 bucks they have a little school you should check them out

purple tang for $100 + Are you NUT?

I would call up Nemo first and see if they got any. It will be a lots cheaper if they have them

so why paid $100 when you know you can get it cheaper at Nemo?

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=282&parent_category=4&category_search=61&root_parent_id=4">http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=282&parent_category=4&category_search=61&root_parent_id=4</a>

saltwaterfish.com have them for $50. well atleast they be at $50 when Saltwaterfish get them in

Not trying to add to the paranoia, but I just checked two wholesaler price lists and they aren't listing them. Liveaquaria doesn't have any. I wonder if they are seasonal or something is going on with their collection... course it is probably just a dry couple weeks for them.

They arent or havent been collecting in the Red Sea for a while because of the "turmoil". It doesnt have to do with restrictions of species, or anything similar, just that region is a dangerous place for collectors nowadays. If you notice, there will be little or no red Sea fish for just this reason.

Only one location is still shipping red sea fish.... and it is controlled by one importer in LA.
We CBA should have more again next week.
The Saltwatercom fish site has had them on "wish list" for months.
I think I will list them for ten bucks on my website and then never have them available.
Its a great form of advertising.(wink)

Kalkbreath;127204 wrote: Only one location is still shipping red sea fish.... and it is controlled by one importer in LA.
We CBA should have more again next week.
The Saltwatercom fish site has had them on "wish list" for months.
I think I will list them for ten bucks on my website and then never have them available.
Its a great form of advertising.(wink)

I saw a huge purple tang in your store last week or the week before (in the tank at the back). He was $189, about the size of a salad plate and absolutely gorgeous. Last time I was in, he was gone. Guess someone got a good buy.

Back