PVC and Acrylic

mockery

Market
Reaction score
Can you bond PVC pipe and and Acrylic together? Want to try building something but for cost sake want to use both.

There is a Weld-on made for that. I forget the number but you can find it easily on the web.
Also, ACE Hardware sells a liquid epoxy that claims to bond PVC and acrylic. It's called Plastic Repair Epoxy (#17394).

The weld-on stuff for this does exist but it is expensive for a single DIY project... I have not seen the epoxy at ACE but that sounds promising...

I have a pack of it to do a future repair (where PVC meets acrylic on a Ca reactor), but I haven't tried it yet. I may just do that this morning and report back!

weldon #16 will work, and there is a special weldon for it like they said. BUT I have always used household GOOP for that(as well as acrylic to glass bonds) and its worked great every time.

EnderG60;481435 wrote: weldon #16 will work, and there is a special weldon for it like they said. BUT I have always used household GOOP for that(as well as acrylic to glass bonds) and its worked great every time.

Is the "GOOP" a product or something your calling it? Can you ge it at HD or Lowes?

I found the special Weld-On it is #40. But I'm thinking the 16 will work, for what u want to do. I'm wanting to bond an acrylic strip into a piece of PVC pipe. So that I can see inside the tube. Should be fine right?

GOOP is a product. Should be in a purple package (was last time I bought it, anyways).

Back