PVC not seated

Dmac

Market
Reaction score
So here's the issue. I just moved my tank last night but I still have some stuff in buckets and need to finish setting up my sump. I just realized that I do not have an extra ball valve in the one I was previously using has a piece of PVC sticking out of it that is too short to fully seat into the connector. Considering it's just the emergency drain, would this be okay? Also, if anyone knows where I can get a Spears ball valve locally I would greatly appreciate it

Attachments

• 16280015783384556375078196168754.jpg
    16280015783384556375078196168754.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 16
You could use a slip x slip union and some PVC cement to connect it. The emergency drain in a 2 pipe Herbie mod setup only has a trickle of water going through it normally. It's not under pressure. A bean animal mod has no water in the emergency pipe under normal conditions. I would think there's enough pipe exposed to weld it inside a union and connect it up that way. I like to use the 1 step PVC cement. It sets up really quick.

Thanks. After sitting there looking dumb for a few minutes I figured out another option. I just turned it upside down, LOL. That way if anything leaks it's right in my sump anyway

What size do you need? I have a few as I ordered extra as emergency back ups for failures if you need a new one.

Thank you, but I've got it all glued together already. My poor coral and fish are probably cursing me out as long as I've had them sitting in totes

Back