QT filtration?

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
Would a Marineland bio-wheel filter work for a QT filter? It says it comes with carbon, but should I replace that with matrix?

This tub of matrix was in my display sump for 2 weeks before I moved it over...

This QT is for wrasses (that's why it has sand), but feeding multiple times daily I think it needs more than a bio-wheel....
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Ralph ATL;995440 wrote: This tub of matrix was in my display sump for 2 weeks before I moved it over...

This QT is for wrasses (that's why it has sand), but feeding multiple times daily I think it needs more than a bio-wheel....

So what else do you use for filtration? During most medication treatments, you can't use protien skimmers?

A slimmer really isn't necessary. A small HOB is about all. I use matrix seeded from my DT in there. My little hob crapped out so I bought a small internal canister and removed most the sponge and put some matrix in. I also added an air pump for some extra o2

HiImSean;995446 wrote: A slimmer really isn't necessary. A small HOB is about all. I use matrix seeded from my DT in there. My little hob crapped out so I bought a small internal canister and removed most the sponge and put some matrix in. I also added an air pump for some extra o2

Yup!

I have a hob, an additional bag of carbon, that tupperware of matrix, that's it.

I do with praziquantel, albeit I'm sure it removes it eventually....

And kanaplex/focus or metro/focus is in food anyhow.

LSU_fishFan;995460 wrote: Would y'all recommend running a UV in a QT?

You can if you are NOT medicating.

If you are medicating the water, do NOT use UV or it will break down the medication.

If you have a spare UV lying around the rumpus room, go ahead. I wouldn't recommend spending the money to get one if you don't have one because its use in QT is limited.

Jenn

JennM;996461 wrote: You can if you are NOT medicating.

If you are medicating the water, do NOT use UV or it will break down the medication.

If you have a spare UV lying around the rumpus room, go ahead. I wouldn't recommend spending the money to get one if you don't have one because its use in QT is limited.

Jenn

Thank you for the info

Back