QT Meds and order in which to use them

cment

Market
Reaction score
Im hopefully receiving a pink streaked wrasse next week and will be QT him. I have on hand prazipro which I plan on breaking up the dose and using 2 rounds of it. I also have on hand ich-x, metro and focus. Should I use all the above and in which order would be best? On a side note, whats the best food that new arrivals usually take to?

Props for planning!

I wouldn't use more than one medication at a time. The PraziPro should be good for deworming, which is prudent with wrasses.

Beyond that, I wouldn't anticipate needing to medicate any further unless you see a problem crop up, in which case I'd cross that bridge when you get to it, but suffice it to say that most meds should not be mingled.

I'd go with the Prazipro plan and see after that. Wrasses seldom get ich in my experience.

Good to see you have everything on hand - that can make the difference between timely treatment and untimely death.

Jenn

Hey Jenn!

thank you for the input...Ill go ahead with just the 2 rounds of prazi. Appreciate the great advice as always!

cment;975412 wrote: On a side note, whats the best food that new arrivals usually take to?

If it won't eat Nutramar, it probably just won't eat. Think it's kind of hard to come by right now.

Most wrasses take to mysis pretty readily. PE is the best brand, largest and most intact mysis. There's something about the 'eyeballs' - meaning intact mysis closely resembles what they would prey on in the wild.

Jenn

JennM;975501 wrote: Most wrasses take to mysis pretty readily. PE is the best brand, largest and most intact mysis. There's something about the 'eyeballs' - meaning intact mysis closely resembles what they would prey on in the wild.

Jenn

Ringo®;975490 wrote: If it won't eat Nutramar, it probably just won't eat. Think it's kind of hard to come by right now.

Yep ran out of Nutramar and now just waiting like everyone else. I do have PE mysis though so hopefully the wrasse arrives healthy and takes to it.

Once you get him eating, Larry's is excellent frozen food. Reef Frenzy - it does what it says.

Back