QT process

wake125122

Market
Reaction score
So question on the QT process. Let's say that I have fish that are in the process of going through the QT and they have been in the process for 3 weeks so far. If I add another fish to this tank with the fish that are already going through the QT process do I have to restart the whole QT process over now?

So question on the QT process. Let's say that I have fish that are in the process of going through the QT and they have been in the process for 3 weeks so far. If I add another fish to this tank with the fish that are already going through the QT process do I have to restart the whole QT process over now?
Yes, yes you do.

Long answer. Say you've got fish in QT. They have ich. Then you bring in more fish with ich, or something else - it resets the clock.

Yes, yes you do.

Long answer. Say you've got fish in QT. They have ich. Then you bring in more fish with ich, or something else - it resets the clock.
Ya thats what I figured but just wanted to be sure

Weighing in here. From experience, I have always regretted rushing the process of QT/adding fish. At some point, knock on wood, you will have a full DT of healthy disease-free fish who are thriving, and you'll have no room for more fish, and you will wistfully remember when you used to buy fish and QT them!

Back