QT setup

zoomzoom

Reaction score
Anyone around Roswell area that have a QT setup that could House 8 fish for me, I believe they all have ick so I need help treating it.

Small blue regal, 2 wrasses, 2 firefish, purple dotty.
Pair of clown I give it to rit

I think you only need to have someone treat that one regal or rehome it. The other fish are known to be pretty ich resistant. Regals on the other hand are ich factories. You can leave that tank fallow for quite some time to let the ich die out but I'm more on the ich management side than trying to eliminate it. Even going fallow can fail as its been shown that ich can go into stasis in low oxygen areas and will reactivate much later... than the prescribed duration. You can also try treating your fish with food soaked in metro I think that will kill the ich on their bodies and should be fine for your corals. @anit77 knows more about that than I as I've never had to go that route.

You can also try treating your fish with food soaked in metro I think that will kill the ich on their bodies and should be fine for your corals. @anit77 knows more about that than I as I've never had to go that route.

You have to use Seachem Metro and Focus. The Focus binds the Metro to the food. Feeding for several days will kill parasites currently feeding on the fish and nothing else. This will give the fish pretty immediate relief but is by no means a cure.

Back