Qt ?

redstang

Market
Reaction score
Asking for some opinions. My Chrysus has come out daily and eaten well each day. The biocellatus only once out of 5 days but ate everything I put in that day. That was the second full day of QT. Fish were received on the 18th.

Should I be concerned or is the biocellatus still just trying to find it's happy place? I suppose it is possible it comes out between the hours of 11pm and about 8am when I haven't typically checked on them. But the one day it did come out was a little after noon and it went back into the sand around 6pm.

I'm mainly wondering at what point do I search for a body and claim my 14-day guarantee? I'm willing to give it time but honestly if I don't see it by next weekend I'm inclined to believe it didn't make it and is just rotting in the sand...

On the bright side, ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates haven't spiked yet.

QT details:
29gal biocube with 2" sand bed, one small piece of LR, and some PVC pipes. BC return pump, koralia nano PH, skimmer with no cup for aeration, and a regular air pump with air stone.

At this point, I would carefully put my hand under sand and search for him...

Hmmm. I was thinking of using a turkey Bastet to slowly blow sand clear in different parts of the aquarium until I find him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bright side, still alive. Dark side, still not very active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camellia;998211 wrote: At least there's hope :)

Yep, Chrysus is out again today. Bio is still hiding out. Really beginning to wonder if he's coming out when the lights are out. I have a red led flashlight coming in tomorrow so I can start checking during the off hours. I start back to work next week so I'll be getting up at 5-6am so I might start acclimating myself to that again this week.

The bio is such a beautiful fish too. Just wish he'd show himself!

Back