Quarantine question / thoughts

Quarantine process

• I have a secret source that is guaranteed disease free

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lmm1967

Reaction score
So I just added a few fish to a quarantine setup and am wondering what the most popular path is.

My quarantine setup is a 40b. It actually used to be home to our toadfish so it's basically been running fallow for 8 months.

I'd like to keep everything as stress free on the fish as possible and I do have sand and a few rocks left in the tank. That being said - I'm gonna hope to not have to medicate anything. My preference will be to keep a close eye on everything, watch for any signs of disease or stress etc for 4 - 6 weeks. If I see no signs of anything then will add to DT.

I've never had anything in my fish QT other than PVC fittings for hiding places. I put Matrix in the HOB filter though.

You should be fine for most things other than having to dose copper. It will leach into the substrate and rock, which will keep lowering it from the therapeutic level you want to keep. That could make it real easy to overdose.

I now use Prazipro, trying to avoid the not infrequent unexplained fish deaths I've had with both fresh and salt water, and Coppersafe to eliminate the possibility of Ich (as near as possible).

Back