Quarintine Tank Requirements

darren24

Market
Reaction score
Now that I have upgraded I want to add a fish or 2. I have a 20G Tall that I could use for a quarintine tank. I have a hang on the back filter but the only light I have is a clip on reflector. Besides a heater and a chunk of LR maybe is there anything else that I would need?

Thanks, Darren

If you add a piece of rock keep in mind that you'll never be able to use it in any other tank.

All I have in my QT is light, a HOB skimmer, a magnet cleaner, a heater and a single powerhead.

As blind mentioned, you can add some PVC pieces for hiding places if you want...

Darren24;102887 wrote: Now that I have upgraded I want to add a fish or 2. I have a 20G Tall that I could use for a quarintine tank. I have a hang on the back filter but the only light I have is a clip on reflector. Besides a heater and a chunk of LR maybe is there anything else that I would need?

Thanks, Darren

Skip the LR and add som PVC pieces... You might want to add a small powerhead for water flow. The clip on light is fine.

Yea forgot the powerhead. I have one. If I fill it with water from my existing tank any reason to wait before introducing a fish?

Darren24;102903 wrote: Yea forgot the powerhead. I have one. If I fill it with water from my existing tank any reason to wait before introducing a fish?

Nope, if you know your existing system is FREE of any illness, no reason what-so-ever.

Back