Queit Pump

cameron

Market
Reaction score
What is the queitest submerged pump? Is Eheim the way to go? I have two Quiet One pumps that are OK, one Quiet One that is pretty loud and two mags that are both loud. I want to get it down to whisper quiet on my next pump and don't mind spending a few bucks to make it happen.

Here is a good solution for pretty cheap...

http://www.buyingpartners.com/product.php?co=CBT&number=3101001">http://www.buyingpartners.com/product.php?co=CBT&number=3101001</a>

Can't beat the 29db sound that gets through!!! And gaurenteed to work or your money back!

Xyzpdq0121;36879 wrote: Here is a good solution for pretty cheap...

http://www.buyingpartners.com/product.php?co=CBT&number=3101001">http://www.buyingpartners.com/product.php?co=CBT&number=3101001</a>

Can't beat the 29db sound that gets through!!! And gaurenteed to work or your money back![/QUOTE]

If you decide to not go along with this suggestion :lol2: , eheim is certainly an option. Some others to consider are the ocean runner and the Tunze master recirculation pump.

sedra returns are super quiet and reliable.
I have several and have had no problems

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Cameron I’m not intending to hijack your thread! “lol” On the topic of quiet equipment I have a Satellite Dual 130w PC’s, it comes equipped with 2 little cooling fans. They are fairly loud! I contacted the manufacturer and they sent a replacement fan, but it was just as loud. My question is does anyone make a quieter fan (2 inch 12vdc) and do you have a link to it? Jeff </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"> </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">PS Could you please PM me your address, I would like to check out your set-up next time I’m in town.</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"> </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">(What the manufacturer says about it:</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Sleek and Cool<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: IVFAIF+PenumbraFlareStd-Bold;"></span></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-family: HNVUUH+ITCGaramondStd-Bk;">Heavy duty 1.7 mm extruded aluminum housing provides optimal heat dissipation and unmatched strength. The sleek, contoured, low profile style is perfect for any application. Keeping things cool inside is a super quiet, high CFM fan - the largest among comparable brands - extending fixture life and increasing performance.)</span><span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: HNVUUH+ITCGaramondStd-Bk;"></span></span></span>

I've heard the Eheim pumps are pretty quiet. Their canister filters certainly are quiet enough to question if they're on.

Eheims are also very popular with water cooled PC's, so that's also a good endorsement for quietness.

mufret;36885 wrote: If you decide to not go along with this suggestion :lol2: , eheim is certainly an option. Some others to consider are the ocean runner and the Tunze master recirculation pump.
I have a large Sedra and it is pretty quiet and the OR I had previously was silent as well (at least by comparison). I thought the Tunze pumps could not be run submerged in salt water.

I have to install a huge pump for my new skimmer, maybe I can just T off from it. Thanks guys.

Cameron;36965 wrote: I have a large Sedra and it is pretty quiet and the OR I had previously was silent as well (at least by comparison). I thought the Tunze pumps could not be run submerged in salt water.

I have to install a huge pump for my new skimmer, maybe I can just T off from it. Thanks guys.

Cam,

If I recall correctly, the TUNZE's recirculating line are submergeable in SW as long as it's not the 1073.14 or 1073.16, at least that's what it says on page 15 of the TUNZE manual.

The 1073.09 is submerseable in saltwater... :)

Back