question about 2nd chamber on my reactor

sailfish

Market
Reaction score
I bought a 2nd chamber for my reactor does anyone have any experience with this?

I looking for a starting place for my new drip rate. Should I leave it the same reduce it by 50 percent or 75. Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

You basically start the measurements over again just like when you installed your single chamber reactor. Before you make any adjustments you can also collect some of the output before the second chamber, collect some after the second chamber and work the math. I don't think you will have to change much since most of the second chamber will likely be bringing alk back up.

I dont think much adjustment would have to be done...it's just going to help your pH raise more before it gets back to the tank.

You may have to tweak it a bit but it shouldn't require too much adjusting. The second chamber helps "degas" the effluent a bit more so you'll see a slightly higher PH going back into the tank . How are you currently reading the PH in the main chamber?

Thanks guys. It is a Geo reactor with PH probe and the PH is set to 6.5. I was around 90 to 100ml per minute. I cut it down to 60 ml and will start there.

I was hoping somone here had added one of these and had a number how much they had to reduce the effluent. Just looking for a starting place for me.

Thanks Joe

Well you can never go wrong with setting it lower and working back up. Better safe than sorry. The reactor really shouldn't kick too much more alk...as stated, the second chamber really is to help raise the pH before it gets back into the tank. Let us know how it goes for you :)

Back