Question about Agressiveness and Positioning

snotdoc

Market
Reaction score
Hello ARC!
New member and reefer here. I'm just learning about salt water and about a month ago set up my first 43 gallon system. Things are going extremely well and I have learned an enormous amount.

My question is in regards to positioning. I love Euphyllia as well as Acan's and have been planning out positioning. When I read about these and many other corals I here story after story of them murdering each other, but when I see tank pictures of these amazing seascapes people have these aggressive species right up against each other. Is this just luck or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Matthew

Matthew,
you might get a few opinions on this one but mine is that, if your one of the lucky ones that you have a tank full of growing corals it's going to be a bitter sweet scenario.
If your corals are spaced out properly to begin and start to grow and spread, eventually you will have a coral battle on your hands.
if you can place similar spices next to each other or on the same rock, you might cut back on the percentage of lost.
in the wild, corals fall where they may and battle it out as they grow, I tend to place corals that have long sweeping tentacle down stream of the flow of water so they don't sting any coral next to them.
hope this help a little.

Back