Question about bubble counter on CA Reactor

porpoiseaquatics

Market
Reaction score
I've just noticed that the bubble counter on my CA reactor is completely dry of fluid. Is this normal? If not, how do I get fluid back in it? Because there is no water in it, does that mean it's bad and I should replace it?

Is the counter built into the reactor, like a GEO, or is it part of the CO2 regulator assembly?

Acroholic;966996 wrote: Is the counter built into the reactor, like a GEO, or is it part of the CO2 regulator assembly?

Neither. Originally it was built in to the reactor at the base but that one broke on the previous owner so they put an "in-line" unit between the CO2 tank and the reactor.

porpoiseaquatics;967006 wrote: Neither. Originally it was built in to the reactor at the base but that one broke on the previous owner so they put an "in-line" unit between the CO2 tank and the reactor.

Just refill it then. You can use it, or if you can hear the bubbles getting crunched up by the recirculation pump in the reactor itself, then you can just count those.

Water will work for a refill, or there are oils you can buy that last a lot longer. I think when I had inline counters, I just used a syringe attached to airline to refill them with water.

Back