Question about bulb arrangement (T5)

cr500_af

Market
Reaction score
I have two, 2x54 T5s on my 75. I'd rather have a 4x54, but I had to work within my budget and this is what I found that would do the job. The fixtures don't have double switches.

Right now one has 2x bright whites, one has 1 white and one blue actinic (forgive me if I spelled it wrong).

I would like to duplicate the sunrise/sunset thing with two timers, but with these lights that would mean two whites in one and two blues in the other. I'll have to buy one more blue bulb.
I was thinking about doing the rear fixture with whites (above the rock and corals) and the blues in the front (over open water).

Do you think this would look weird? Some people obsess over the right colors and order in multi-bulb fixtures; that isn't me. I just wonder if two blues in the front light will look funny.

Why not do 1 of each in each fixture and only have one actinic bulb on during your sunrise/sunset time. Should be adequate enough, and you'll get the look your looking for. Thats what I would do.

rostato;319057 wrote: Why not do 1 of each in each fixture and only have one actinic bulb on during your sunrise/sunset time. Should be adequate enough, and you'll get the look your looking for. Thats what I would do.

The fixtures don't have double switches.

I guess that's why.

au01st;319061 wrote: I guess that's why.

Ahh, well what I would do is wire in my own switches, but thats just me. What you suggested works just fine though.

Back