Question about clowns.

indecloudzua

Market
Reaction score
I recently moved and now my pair of ocellaris don't seem to be getting along. The male has become increasingly aggressive towards the female. I bagged them separately and they were separated for 6hours. They can't change sex that quickly can they?

Cool..is it common for males to get aggressive with females? I always thought it was the other way around

my only thought is if you moved then they may feel they are in new teritory and have to establish
<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">dominance </span></span>again?It was a trick I used whith fresh water angels. everytime I got a new one I would completly re-arange the tank so they all thought they were in a new enviorment instead of just attack new comer.worked very well..

A trick I used to employ when introducing new fish is to use a clear container of some kind. I used a hatchery at one point then a rubbermaid container...there's all kinds of things. The trick is that it has to be clear enough to see into and it has to sink in the tank. Put one fish in the tank and another in the container. Put them in the tank during the day. When the lights go completely dark at night, let the fish out of the container. You'd be surprised at how well they'll get along then.

They've been a pair for over a year and the male has never shown aggression..so that's why I'm perplexed to his sudden change in temperament

indecloudzua;975017 wrote: They've been a pair for over a year and the male has never shown aggression..so that's why I'm perplexed to his sudden change in temperament

They will...you just haven't seen it.

+1

porpoiseaquatics;975013 wrote: a trick i used to employ when introducing new fish is to use a clear container of some kind. I used a hatchery at one point then a rubbermaid container...there's all kinds of things. The trick is that it has to be clear enough to see into and it has to sink in the tank. Put one fish in the tank and another in the container. Put them in the tank during the day. When the lights go completely dark at night, let the fish out of the container. You'd be surprised at how well they'll get along then.

I'm having the same problem. Kinda. I bought two clowns online of different types put the smaller one in first and then a few days later the other came. Well ever since the bigger one (latter of the two) give the other one hell! This has been going on since may..

Back