Question about Mag pump

jetchris

Market
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a mag24 off another member. I am needing it for a return pump. The new setup will be in my living room, so i will need it to be quiet. If you could just let me know how quiet theses pumps are and if they have any issues ?

Thanks,
Chris :fish:

I like the mag pumps. They run fairly quiet when in good shape. What size tank do you need a mag 24 for? That seems a little excessive.

Other then being power hogs the ones I have had have been very dependable.Im running a Mag 9.5 now on my 125 return.Not exactly quiet but not noticably annoying.Use flexible pvc to keep the noise down.

if the water in the sump is pretty deep, and the pump is not laid against something that can resonate the vibration, then it is pretty quite.

I've got the 9.5 I got from ouling in my sump with pvc pipe connected to it for the retun and you cannot tell when it is running. It is not setting on anything but the bottom of the 20H sump return area

ouling;70081 wrote: if the water in the sump is pretty deep, and the pump is not laid against something that can resonate the vibration, then it is pretty quite.

Exactly!

Chris, My Mag 24 runs my CL on my 55 gal. It is not very quite at all, if you want to hear it run, you are more then welcome to come over and take a listen. If you do not buy it, let me know where you are getting it from because I might be interested! ;)

ouling;70081 wrote: if the water in the sump is pretty deep, and the pump is not laid against something that can resonate the vibration, then it is pretty quite.

I agree. Chris my return pump is a mag 9.5.

Back