Question about myAI app Acclimation

rmorris

Reaction score
I could not find any detailed documentation on the Aquaillumination 'myAI' app, so I am hoping to find some info from users here. In the "myAI" app Acclimation settings it asks for a start date/time, an end date/time, and a "starting reduction percentage". Does anyone know if the app will automatically ramp the output power from the entered reduction percentage to the full set percentage over the start-to-end time period?

An example is if I set my max intensity at 60%, and then enable the Acclimation setting with at 50% starting reduction with a start date of April 1 and an end date of May 13, will the app automatically ramp the lights from 30% to 60% over that 6 week period?

Also, after the End Date and End Time does the app automatically diasble the Acclimation setting?

Thanks!

Finally got a reply back from AI:

Thank you for contacting AquaIllumination.
I believe that the best way to explain how the acclimation timer works, would be to give you an example of how the acclimation timer works.

If I set my end date as 3 weeks from today, over the next three weeks, my lights will gradually work their way up to the final intensity I want without overwhelming my corals. If I set my colors channels to work at 50% reduction, they are going to run at 50% of what my schedule wants them to run at. So if the schedule says that the lights are supposed to run at 60%; at a 50% reduction, they will start the beginning of the 3 weeks running at 30%. Over the course of the three weeks, this will increase until, by the end, they are working at the full 60%. At this point, the Acclimation Timer will turn off and the lights will run at the schedule on your graph.

Back