Question about removing toadstool from rock.

Rickdareefa

Supporting
Reaction score
So i got this toadstool from @aestheticlibra at the xmas party(4 free btw thx again!) And attached it to this rock b4 i started the zoa garden now as its doing so well i kinda wanna move it and give it some space to grow. My question is if i just chop it off at the base will it be alright or is there a better method for removal? Also will the base try to grow back?20200711_162822.jpg20200711_162840.jpg

You can cut it right off anywhere really. It will most likely grow back from where it was cut off from the rock. You'll need to put something on it (or through it) to hold it to its new spot. I use a needle and fishing line to get them to bond. Needle through the stalk about 1/2 from the bottom and tie it on. Don't be afraid to put a needle through it. Sometimes I do it several times.

That's hard to imagine. The fragility of certain coral, it goes against your nature in some ways but certain corals are more adept at survival despite the means.

Great suggestion! Never would have thought of that one. It is hard to get mushrooms to stay put. Kind of like a young child. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

That's hard to imagine. The fragility of certain coral, it goes against your nature in some ways but certain corals are more adept at survival despite the means.

Great suggestion! Never would have thought of that one. It is hard to get mushrooms to stay put. Kind of like a young child. Lol.

Toadstools and mushrooms are different. Toadstools are in the leather family and it's easy to pierce the trunk and secure them. Mushrooms, on the other hand, can be a pain. I have a basket of Matrix in my tank that I put loose shrooms in - they take time but they will secure themselves then i glue the rock down to a plug/disc. I don't recommend putting a needle through a shroom's foot - leathers are different. You can cut a leather in 20 pieces and each one will grow a new foot and keep growing. I've got several large leather colonies :p

Good information. I have seen similar tendencies from some blue mushrooms I cut from a rock them new one grew from leftover still attached to the rock. I guess that is where my confusion was but either way we are all better educated now or at least me.

Back