question....air bubbles

gaguy68

Market
Reaction score
i have recently noticed an accumlation of air bubbles on my live rock and walls of the aquarium... what does this mean? good? bad? neutral? please advise me soon.

thanks and hope everyone is well

tank has been up and running for about 2-3 months now, never really noticed bubbles before tonight. we are considering a gradual change over to r/o though on advise from tiffany @ BLUE PLANET... i swear that woman's knowledge absolutely rocks!

she has been a huge and patiient help to a newbie like me!

everyone in here should support BLUE PLANET, thus allowing her to share her vast knowledge with others who are new to reefing and needing someone to teach them...

listen to dawg he knows his stuff ro water is NECESSARY!!! Also do u have a skimmer is it spitting out micro bubbles?

yeah i have a skimmer that is doing it's thing! tank was originally setup by previous owner (dakota9) with tap water, but now after having talked to tiffany, we are going to start out with RO for top off to begin with, slowly working our way around to full on RO

I think dakota had a sump. If so you may be getting bubbles in your return and the pump is busting them up to micro bubbles. I had this trouble for a long time.

yeah rawn he had a sump, we hooked everything up except the refugium(?) that dakota had, everything is up and running great and we are loving it (65g) and also the 30g

everything seems to be thriving and doing well, we keep constant check on salinity, have refractometers here at home, as well as taking in to LFS for testing about every other week, sometimes once a week

wow! i don't know who's right or wrong, will be changing over to RO water soon, blue planet said it was most likely a malfunction of some sort in the filter system and it wouldn't cause an outbreak of red algae, that was caused by organic matter in the system

I have question along the lines of this post. I got an RO/DI unit about a month ago. Bought a bucket of Tropic Marin. Now ever since using it I have had red algae in the front of the tank and on the front glass. Bd enough that bubbles were in it on the glass. What's going on? I never had a problem with water from the LFS.

Back