Question for the fish experts...

chicagoman_35

Market
Reaction score
I thought I remembered seeing a thread over at RC about a butterfly fish that ate Majano's, I think it was a double saddleback. Anyone know if this is true/correct? I have a real issue in my tank and Joe's juics seems to help em grow!

I would love a natural predetor for these pesky organisms...

what ever it is chances are it will eat your corals too...and saying that it will eat your corals and never bother to eat your mojanos`

Frank, I know that the Chaetodon falcula butterfly fish will sometimes take to nems like aiptasia and majanos but it is a hard fish to keep because it does not take to aquarium food well and they will take out almost any coral when they get bigger (softy, mushroom, SPS). Be careful too, a few fish are sold as Saddleback butterfly fish but not all have the same nem eating habits.

Peppermints won't touch majano. Don't try it, it doesn't work. Best bet for majano is to kill them by hand... There doesn't seem to be a natural predator that is reef safe.

Raccoons butterflies will eat majanos, but they will also eat any anemone in the tank, and maybe even some LPS or other corals too.

Spurilla neapolitana - but nobody I know of sells them and they will eat all your anenomes.</em>

I'd be willing to re-locate my RBTA's for a while to give this nudi a go at it...

He is one bad-assed cool looking nudi!

Back