Question on t5s

shromy

Market
Reaction score
are the 54 watt bulbs actually 48" long or are they shorter? was looking at place and they say nominal length is 48, MOL??? is 45.8. anyone know the answer to my question, im willing to bet someone does.
thanks
steve

then that means by time you have end caps on etc you get a 48" overall length. looks like i may be building a new canopy.

yeah i only have 47 in to work with. so if im gonna do what i want gotta build a new canopy. ahh hell ill just go buy a new tank so i can do 8 instead of 6 bulbs(i wish).

I ran into that same problem.. Planned on using a few 36" on my 72" canopy but because of the caps, and other things they cant be stacked end to end

yeah i would really rather use the 48s for more coverage even though staggering 36's would probably work.

yeah i thinking building a littile wider canopy with blocks on the inside to have it fit the 48 in space but actually be wider inside so i can fit the 48s. just want the bulbs all level with each other.not a bad idea what you did but im sure there is a slight par diff with the one set being higher.

Back