Questions about my first Ecotech mp40qd

carey1465

Market
Reaction score
I just purchased my first mp40 today and it's the new quiet drive model. I was iffy about buying the new mp40 because it's going on my 56 gallon tank and thought this pump would blow my fish out of the water. I got it all setup and turned it on to the lowest mode. They claim its a minimum of 4500gph hour??? I put my hand in front of it and it didn't feel like no 4500 gph. Am I doing something wrong?? I have the thin spacer on it now or should I use the gasket? Will that affect the power?

I must say this, this motor is quiet!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mp40 will definitley move that kind of water around. if you were expecting a laser hose, that is not how it works.

it distributes the water around the circumference of the outlet.

this aint a maxijet 1200

Ringo®;1040218 wrote: It's claimed max is 4500gph.

at 56 gallons, if the width and breadth of the inhalation of the mp40 were compromised or obscured, you would definitely have an issue. and since i doubt you have around an 18-36 inch radius around the pump, it may be inhibited by the tank size

fear not. an mp40 is an excellent powerhead

Russ-IV;1040217 wrote: mp40 will definitley move that kind of water around. if you were expecting a laser hose, that is not how it works.

it distributes the water around the circumference of the outlet.

this aint a maxijet 1200

I certainly didn't expect it to be a "laser hose". Lol Like I said, this is my first Ecotech so I didn't know what to expect. It's certainly better than my old koralias.

Ringo[emoji768 said:
;1040218]It's claimed max is 4500gph.]

Ecotech website says 4500+. So I assumed it was the minimum. I'm so glad I didn't get the mp10qd.

Back