Questions concerning metal conduit for lights

superclown

Market
Reaction score
I picked up some 3/4 conduit and borrowed a pipe bender from a friend. I of course ruined the piece and will need to get a new piece.

Im trying to make a double bend where one runs the width of the tank and then bends back towards the wall then at the wall down to mount against the back wall.

My bend sections keep coming out too long but I measured then lined up the mark on bender do I need to measure at the 45% section instead?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Using made up numbers, here is how you would do it.

If you want to have a 24" riser on one end, mark the conduit at 18". Put the bender facing that end with the arrow on the mark and bend to 90 degrees. If the tank is say 48" long stand the short side of the conduit on the floor with the long side straight up. Measure 50" and put a mark. Now put the bender on facing the end that is not bent but instead of using the arrow use the star. Make sure the end you already bent is pointing straight up and bend to 90 degrees. Last, cut off the excess.

Hope that helps.

Pm me your phone number and I can walk you through it, easier over the phone.. or do it like rich said...lol

heathlindner25;819298 wrote: Pm me your phone number and I can walk you through it, easier over the phone.. or do it like rich said...lol

I had to think WAY back to remember the take up on a 3/4 bender. LOL

Can I make all my marks first or would it come out wrong?

its like 8"...
been a long time here also but glade you said arrow and star because if you use the wrong one in the wrong place your bends will be wrong.

its 6 inches,. and all your Bends would be off you have to do them 1 at a time... 8" is for 1 " inch pipe
are we talking EMT or rigid conduit?

My bender has no star its just a arrow at one end that says start here lol

Never seen a bender like that. Go buy an ideal at Home Depot and return it after you make the bends.

tell me how long you want the conduit running across the top of your tank, how far center of the tank to your back wall is and I can probably do your math for you.

Here is the one from work and yes it says 6"

Edit: star is dead center of handle
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
819307=41417-uploadfromtaptalk1355163369685.jpg
>
819307=41417-uploadfromtaptalk1355163369685.jpg
class="gc-images" title="uploadfromtaptalk1355163369685.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

the star on that Bender is right before the 10 almost in the middle of the bender at that helps any

SuperClown;819304 wrote: My bender has no star its just a arrow at one end that says start here lol

Sometimes it is marked as "back of bend". And as stated, making all marks at once would mess you up. Another way to make the second mark is to lay the conduit an the floor with the short end against the wall and the long end running away from the wall. Measure out from the wall and make your second mark.

not sure about droid, but iPhone has an app "iBend Pipe". It has all the answers you seek.

Edit: wait. the better app is "My Bender"

Thanks guys I'm at work gonna do my best to pick up another piece of 3/4 conduit on my way home from work I will try again

heathlindner25;819314 wrote: grab a couple...lol

When I order material for guys in the field I always order three extra. One to lose, one to break and ont to take home in the lunch box. :)

LMAO... Wife "you said you only needed 40 feet!" -- "well, yeah, but I need another 40' for practice"

Back