Questions for Prodibio

xyzpdq0121

Market
Reaction score
Ok guys... I have been in contact with Valerie from Prodibio and let her know that we have some more questions for them to answer. She has been nice enough to agree to come and answer whatever questions are left over from the meeting. I know there are already two threads started with questions but to make things easy and in one spot, I am going to sticky this thread in Reef Discussion. PLEASE keep this thread on topic but feel free to post ANY question you have about the products. If you would like to chat about the product, please use one of the threads located
showthread.php

Ok I will start the questions:

Will Bio Digest have any effect on macro algaes like Chaetomophia?

Will stopping the use of the kits have any effect on the overall system, ie, make the tank cycle?

Is it safe to dose everything in the Bio Kit at once or do you need spread out each vial so they do not interact?

What products do I need to turn my skimmer off for and for how long?

Is there a risk of overdose on any product?!?

What form of Iodine do you use?

Did I miss anyones questions?!?

Ok Guys I got a few answers to a few questions from Prodibio for ya'll:

<span style="color: #17365d;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">1.</span></span> </span></span><u><span style="color: #17365d;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Will Bio Digest have any effect on macro algae like Chaetomophia?</span></span></span></u>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Bio Digest and Bioptim are used for spread of algae depriving them of food. However they are not chemical reagents. They reduce nitrates, phosphates, carbohydrates. Prodibio will not kill a macro-algae.</span></span>

<span style="color: #17365d;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">2.</span></span> </span></span><u><span style="color: #17365d;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Will stopping the use of kits have any effects on the overall system, i.e., make the tank cycle?</span></span></span></u>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">If you stop to use the kits, the bacterial population of the tank won&#8217;t be optimized like in a tank which no products has been used. The optimal proportions of key bacterial strains won&#8217;t be re established, there will be an imbalance. There will be no cycle of a tank from stoping using the product.</span></span>

<span style="color: #17365d;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">3.</span></span> </span></span><u><span style="color: #17365d;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Is it safe to dose everything in the Bio Kit at once or do you need spread out each vial so they do not interact?</span></span></span></u>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">There is no danger to dose everything in the Bio Kit at once. You just have to spread out each vial one by one.</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"></span></span>
<span style="color: #17365d;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">4.</span></span> </span></span><u><span style="color: #17365d;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">What products do I need to turn my skimmer off for and for how long ?</span></span></span></u>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">When the use of the Reef Booster: shut down the skimmer at night before going to sleep and put the product in your tank. In the morning, you can turn on the skimmer. None adjustment should be make. </span></span></em></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">It is better to use this product from a 150 Litres system if there is a lot of corals and live rocks: use the half vial the first day and the other half 3 or 4 days later. During this 3 or 4 days wait, put the half vial in the fridge.</span></span></em></span>

<span style="color: #17365d;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">5.</span></span> </span></span><u><span style="color: #17365d;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Is there a risk of overdose on any product?</span></span></span></u>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">There is no risk of overdose but it is better to follow the bellow instructions for each product:</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">-</span></span> </span><u><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Bio Digest: </span></span></u>
<span style="font-family: Wingdings;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">§</span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">1 vial for 60 liters at the start of an aquarium + 1 vial in the filter</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Wingdings;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">§</span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">1 vial up to 1000 liters every 15 days</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">-</span></span> </span><u><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Stop Ammo: </span></span></u>
<span style="font-family: Wingdings;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">§</span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">1 vial for 60 liters at the start of an aquarium</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Wingdings;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">§</span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">1 vial for 30 liters in case of nitrite surge</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">-</span></span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><u>Safe Travel:</u> 1 vial in 10 liters of used water for fish expedition 12 to 20 hours before the fish introduction in order to have a well oxygenated water and at 30°C</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">-</span></span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><u>Bio Trace:</u> 1 vial up to 200 liters every 15 days</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">-</span></span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><u>Bio Vert:</u> 1 vial up to 200 liters every 15 days</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">-</span></span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><u>Bioptim:</u> 1 vial up to 200 liters every 15 days</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">-</span></span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><u>Reef Booster:</u> 1 vial up to 400 liters every 7 days</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">-</span></span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><u>Iodi+:</u> 1 vial up to 400 liters every 15 days</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">-</span></span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><u>Stronti+:</u> 1 vial up to 400 liters every 7 days</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">-</span></span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><u>Bio Kit Nano Reef:</u></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Wingdings;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">§</span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Bio Digest Nano: 1 vial up to 40 liters every 15 days</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Wingdings;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">§</span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Bioptim Nano: 1 vial up to 40 liters every 15 days</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Wingdings;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">§</span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Reef Booster Nano: 1 vial up to 40 liters every 7 days</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Wingdings;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">§</span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Iodi+ Nano: 1 vial up to 40 liters every 15 days</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Wingdings;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">§</span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Stronti+ Nano: 1 vial up to 40 liters every 7 days</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">-</span></span> </span><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><u>Bio Pond:</u> once a week in the evening</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">For example: for a reef tank of 300 liters (75 gallons), you may put a reef booster vial every 10 days instead of 7 days. </span></span>

<span style="color: #17365d;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">6.</span></span> </span></span><u><span style="color: #17365d;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">What form of Iodine do you use?</span></span></span></u>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">We use two kind of Iodine : Iodide and Iodine.</span></span>

I Hope that that answers a few questions for ya'll. If you have any other questions that you would like me to get answered, just let me know.

6 is interesting as it somewhat conflicts with 3 depending on the quantities. You can OD those various forms of Iodi?e. Even a slight imbalance has been reported to cause nasty algae outbreaks, but I suspect that it really only has the potential to harm sensitive organisms.

Here is a thread from a guy that has been using it for about a year.

showthread.php

Back