Quick Bulkhead Question

elfloyd

Supporting
Reaction score
I am about to install a bulkhead on a sump. my space outside the sump is limited. Will there be a problem with installing the bulkhead with the nut inside the sump? I know the gasket needs to be on the wet side, and the PVC will be glued.

Thoughts appreciated.

- Larry

You can do a sump bulkhead install with the gasket on the outside. I have it that way on my sumps. You can deform the gasket with the nut snugging up to the gasket directly. Sumps are little/no pressure.

Done... Installed with gasket on the inside. All glued. Took Acroholic's recommendation and moved the gasket to the outside.... no room (it's that tight) so I put it back on the inside. Lightly tightened so the gasket doesn't deform. Good to go for the wet test.

Thanks!

elFloyd;884892 wrote: Done... Installed with gasket on the inside. All glued. Took Acroholic's recommendation and moved the gasket to the outside.... no room (it's that tight) so I put it back on the inside. Lightly tightened so the gasket doesn't deform. Good to go for the wet test.

Thanks!

Just to make sure we are on the same page, here is a pic of the way I have mine installed. The bulkhead flanged part and gasket are on the outside of the sump, and the nut is inside on the wet side of the sump.

CIMG5393_zpsf59357e6.jpg
alt="" />

Gasket is on the wet side... I'll move it if I need to after the water test, but I'll need to redo the full connection to the pump.

Never have the gasket on the nut side. Always the bolt side. Always.

Back