QUICK FISH HELP please

hammcd

Market
Reaction score
i have a pajama cardinal that i just noticed was sucked up agsint a koralia 240 in my tank...im not sure how long it was there..not more than 1 minute id guess...i thought he was dead and picked him up ad actually took him out of the tank thinking id have to flush him..when i did he gasped for air so i tossed him back in the tank..he swam around upside down very weakly for about 2 mins then righted himself..he still seems extremely weak and some of his fins are slightly tattered...is there something i should do for him...will he get over that trama...id never have thought that 240 would have enough suction to pull him against it

Edit: this is a prety large cardinal by the way if that matters

Turn the lights off and watch him. Nothing more you can do i dont think. Maybe run some Carbon to help keep the water clean

he seems better...although he seems to be swimming slightly at an angle...when i touched the glass he darted to the other side of the tank but when hes hovering hes def off about 10 degrees

Edit: he was also completely colorless when i first found him but his color has come back now

i had a flasher get sucked up by a koralia 4. he didnt make it but i was at work all day so no telling how long he was stuck.

that sucks...no pun intended...funny u say that..i just got a mccosker flasher today...the pajama seems fine now...hes swimming in his usual place...looks like he will be ok.that was a close one though...he was one sec away from the toilet..i really thought he was dead...he was ivory white

I had a tang that likes to eat stuff off my vortechs , one day I woke up and he had and injured lip. He didnt go near it ever again.

All you can do is watch and wait. Don't keep messing with him it will just add to his stress.

If no internal damage was done, he'll probably be fine - just needs to rest and recuperate from his trauma.

Jenn

well he swam around and was even darting around eating but last night found him belly-up...i guess there was some internal damage that finally got the best of him...

Back